Business By the Numbers
How much do you know about your business? Do you have numbers to back your beliefs up?
- How many proposals have you submitted in the last year?
- How many were accepted?
- What was the average dollar value of your projects?
- How long does your average project take?
- Using this info… How many proposals should you submit in order to meet your sales goals?
- Do you even have sales goals?
I don’t always know the answers to these questions myself. But there is one thing you should know – businesses that don’t ask and answer these questions are the ones that fly by the seat of their pants, worry about bills from month to month, and are more likely to fold up shop.
Start thinking of your business as a real business—and it will start acting like one.